Sunday, November 7, 2010

How the heck did I get that name?

This has nothing to do with my recovery blog...but by way of explanation:  my daughter set up the blog for me.  So SHE picked the name LollyDolly out.  Where did it come from, you may ask? I was a long awaited daughter after a string of five boys in my family.  On the day I was born a song played on the radio that went, "Lollypop, Lollypop, oh Lolly, Lollypop" (or something like that...of course I was too young to remember.) Anyway, the name stuck and for first few years of my life I was called Lolly by everyone except my mom.  Today the only people who still call me Lolly, or more realistically, "Lol" for short are my six wonderful brothers. So there you have it.

1 comment:

  1. I get a kick out of this post because that was my nick name for FOREVER! My dad still slips up and calls me that from time to time and even breaks into that same "Lollypop" chorus. My siblings sing it to me to make me roll my eyes. =)
    I have enjoyed your blog and your honesty here and your triumphs are so inspiring. Keep it up Laurel!

    ReplyDelete