Thursday, November 11, 2010

On Serenity...

I spent a lot of time figuring out "how to" blog and as a result, haven't spent the time actually writing.  But, my mind has been racing for the last few days and I have lots to write about.  Given that I am falling asleep in my chair, I will put that off for another time and share one thing someone said in a recent meeting:

"Serenity is not freedom from the storm; it is peace in the storm."

Given that storms are unavoidable, how to we maintain peace?

"God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can not change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.(We only recite this twice every meeting....you might almost think it is important or something.) 

I would rather spend my energy trying to change the things I can't or shouldn't be changing, leaving too little time to actually work at changing the things I could or should change.  It is as if that somehow abdicates me from responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment